Once you have built the Arm Robot and done the exercises 1 to 5, do this final project to control its movements using 2 joysticks. With the J1 you will move the forearm (S3) and the gripper (S4), and with the J2 you will move the arm (S2) and the base (S1).
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Advanced.
DURATION OF THE EXERCISE: 60 min.
- Arm Robot
- 1 USB – USB type B cable
To do this project, the Arm Robot must be aseembled according to the instructions manual (link to the manual). Follow the steps and do the corresponding connections.
You can do this project using the Arduino program or a visual programming software by blocks compatible. Below you will find the necessary code.
- Download and install the Arduino IDE program. It is available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- Open the Arduino program and copy the following code in it:
- Configure and upload the code, following the instructions indicated in the Arm Robot First Steps guide
Code for the visual programming software by blocks compatible
- Download and install the program.
- Open the program and copy the following code:
- Configure the program and upload it to the Arm Robot. You will find the instructions in the Arm Robot First Steps guide.
RESULT OF THE EXERCISE
Once you have created the program, you will be able to control the Arm Robot with two joysticks. With the J1 you will move the forearm (S3) and the gripper (S4), and with the J2 you will move the arm (S2) and the base (S1).